Tuesday, December 30, 2008
I got a new application on my phone for taking pictures. I captured some lovely pictures around our farm. Some of these things when I pass them every day going to and fro irritate me. They are things that need to get cleaned up or add clutter to an otherwise serene environment, but this day I was able to find the beauty in them. Enjoy
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
- Lowes Gift Card
- Kohl's Gift Card
- Target Gift Card
- Bunny's Sew Fine Frabics Gift Card (28 Price Road 366-1433)
- Luxurious Terry Cloth Robe
- Jo Ann Frabics Gift Card
- $40 Gift Certificate to barbershop downtown (Self Image W. Church Street)
- $25 Gift Certificate to anywhere else
- $25 Gift Card from fishing shop on Union Street (lost all of his things at dillon lake - tackle box, lures, hooks :-()
- Skil 6 inch Red Bench Grinder 2.1 amp $49.97 on sale at Lowes for 39.97. Item number 20842
- Kobalt 2 1/4 ton Blue floor jack $46.97 (Item Number 87805) - Lowes
- Lowes Gift Card
- Home Depot Gift Card
- Best Buy Gift Card
- Surprise me :-)
- Silver lariat necklace (simple/delicate)
- Inspi(red) long sleeve red T-shirt from the gap
- Mikasa white wine glasses in the blue box at Macy's on sale for $34.99 (The decorated wine glasses, not flutes, not martini, or highballs)
- Target Gift Card (for random shopping) or a game (Mad Gab, Taboo, Apples to Apples etc…or whatever seems fun to you!)
- Kohls gift card
- Sweater and matching scarf
- Gift card from store of choice
- Clothes (Pants 36w 30L; Shirts XL)
- Hoodies (no zipper)
- Gift Cards
- Basics (socks, underwear, etc)
- Clothes (Pants 12 or 14; Shirts L)
- Gift Cards (Aeropostle, American Eagle, etc)
- Basics (socks underwear, etc
- Star wars ship
- Transformers (get gift receipt, he has a few already)
- Star Wars stuff
- Surprise him
- Surprise him
- Clothes sizes 12 - 18 months
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
Cammy and the Parade!
Our school mascot...a wildcat with people hands!?
You know you're in a small town when: The local sports star from the previous year comes back for the homecoming parade (see corny pose below)
Cats won state title '07!!! Thank you Mr. Avery!
My dear nephew Wesley was on the sophmore homecoming court. In a small town that's a big deal. My brother was prom king last year. In a small town, that's right up there with the first black president. Watch out Obama!
I was asked to come over and do my neices make up before the homecoming dance. I felt priviledged. She looked like a mini-me!
"She's a brick....house. She's mighty mighty..."
BEFORE and AFTER!!!!
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Camden: "Mommy, Are these his brawls?"
Camden: (pointing at the two parts of his toy) “Are these his brawls?”
Mommy: “Do you know what brawl means?”
Mommy: “What does it mean?”
Camden: “Something girls wear”
Mommy: “Something girls wear where?”
Camden: (patting his chest, with a smile)
My little guy is growing up so fast. I guess I should stop wandering around the house…in my brawl.
~ His One True Love~
Okay, as you may have read in an earlier post. Camden has plans to marry his dear sweet mother one day. Unfortunately, I'm not the only woman who resides in his heart. Camden has eyes for another. Her name...Sarah.
Camden has long professed that he has plans to marry two women. One being me and the other being Sarah. I however, have already been proposed to by Camden...not that I'm keeping score or anything.
Now, according to Camden, in his wedding to Sarah he says she will wear a pink ball gown and he will wear a black tuxedo. They plan to live here...with Andy and I....(I don't think so!)
I'm doing all I can to edge out little Miss Sarah and be the one and only lady he has eyes for. Much to my dismay the other day, Friday, October 10, 2008 to be exact, Camden woke up for school and professed that he had a great dream...
Mommy: "What was Sarah doing?"
Camden: "She was smiling at me."
Mommy: "Did you say anything to each other?"
Mommy: "Why were you smiling at her?"
Camden: "Because I loved her…"
Mommy: "Why was she smiling at you?"
Camden: "Because she loved me "
Mommy: (heart breaking)
Camden asked me to make him a sandwich today. When I asked him what kind he wanted and he said he wanted a "girl cheese sandwich". I found it so sweet and funny that I didn't have the heart to correct him. I cut his "girl cheese sandwich" into a heart shape for him. Let's see you do that Miss Sarah! He ate every last bite starting with the one pictured above!
Here's to lunch time snacks with grilled cheese, girl cheese or whatever kind of cheese you like!
Saturday, October 4, 2008
My dear Cammy has obviously been as interested in this presidential campaign as the rest of the country. He told me the other day that he had a dream of the unfortunate demise of Barack Obama. I listened intently. He went on to say in his dream it was going to happen in 48 days. Now, being that we were just under two months from the election and with the prospect of having our first black president, I thought my little boy might have had a moment of clairvoyance. I listened intently and asked “How did he die in your dream?” Expecting some awful response, I listened... “Well”, Camden said, “he was walking and he fell into a puddle with a big hole in it….”
So here’s a word of advice to Mr. Obama:
Be wary of puddles for the next month or so. Camden would be so sad if something happened to you.
Camden: “Mom, I’m voting for Barack Obama."
(Two days later after watching a McCain ad)
Camden: “ I waved at him and said, Hi Barack Obama, I hope you win.”
Friday, October 3, 2008
The fall season is here. I was talking to my sister who was dreading the fact that fall is here. Now, in years past I would be in total agreement with her, but this year I have a new attitude. In my effort to be the new me that I profess to be, I have decided to focus on all things lovely about fall. So for my baby sister in no particular order here's my list of 14 reasons to be happy about fall. Love to you Tito!!!
2. Looking out at the grey sky from the Caribou window (as I am now) and enjoying a zebra cooler and the coffee aroma - mmmmmm!
3. Wes's football games all huddled up as a family - Go Cats!
4. Shopping for cute coats, sweaters, scarves and the perfect jeans at Easton!
5. Taking advantage of the chance for a snuggle up with your favorite rubber Ducky...
6. Going to a pumpkin patch and picking out and carving pumpkins.
7. Jamos in a scarecrow costume..."You can't win..." (Shout out to Michael Jackson!!)
8. Cammy in a Obe-Wan-Kinobe costume...(ignoring hearing over 100 times..."who are you supposed to be?")
9. Thanksgiving dinner, desserts and games...and LOTS of laughter.
10. Tito's birthday
11. Mom's birthday
12. Ducky's Birthday
13. Lovely fall colors...leaves, sweaters, everything!
14. Enjoying another season with all of our family, alive, and well.
Now go out and create your own "favorites about fall" list, and when someone starts to complain about the changing of the season, start rattling off your reasons to love fall list...and wait for your punch in the face!!!
Completely Random Thought~~~
This guy who looks like William Shatner just walked into the coffee shop. Not Shatner from Star Trek, but Shatner from Boston Legal. I wonder how many people have told him he looks like William Shatner. I'm resisting a strong temptation to be the first....Hopefully he leaves before I say something. "Um...excuse me sir, has anyone ever told you..."