Friday, February 6, 2009

Valentines Day Wish

Camden and his class are doing a valentine's day party next week. We will be purchasing cards for Cammy's class exchange. He's signed up to bring conversation hearts.



Oh doesn't that take you back to your childhood?



Begging your parents to take you to buy those cheap perforated valentines day cards

Finding the perfect one for that boy or girl that you were ga ga over

Adding hearts over the i's, hoping your beloved would read between the lines
...It meant so much to me at the time, I really hoped he'd notice how I felt about him ....
Sorry, I digressed. Back to my story...

A few weeks ago we went to a birthday party for Camden's classmate Emily. Emily and Cammy go way back. They used to be watched by Emily's grandmother when they were both around 4 months old. When they began daycare they coincidentally ended up in the same class. And get this...they both are allergic to eggs! Well, when we got to Emily's 4th birthday party a couple of weeks ago, her father promptly reported to me that we were family. Emily had told her parents that morning that she and Camden had gotten married. As you might imagine , this came as a surprise to me....and Camden who denied that any nuptials had occurred. Well the party went well. It was held at McDonald's, the cake was egg-free, and Camden got Emily a Jasmine barbie doll (This was an improvement over his first purchase for her...OPTIMUS PRIME!!!) They ran amok in the play place, played games and had a great time.

Well the other day we went into daycare and on the board Ms. Holmberg had all the kids names listed and beside each name was what they wished for or loved on Valentines day. I just got Camden out of his coat when the following conversation ensued.


Camden: "Mommy, look on the board, Ms. Holmberg asked us what we wished for for Valentine's day"

Mommy: "That's nice"

Camden: "Dominick wished for his brother, he calls him Bubby"

Mommy: "That's nice"

Camden: "I wished for Jamison"

Mommy: "That's so sweet"

Camden: "Awww, look mommy, Emily wished for me!"



"...I know, I'm allergice to eggs too!
Sarah doesn't understand you like I do
(Look out Sarah, there's competition in town...)

No comments:

The Wierdo Wierdo Family